Wednesday, October 10, 2012

GF Buttermilk Biscuits


The first time I made these I was scared....scared they would taste so horrible and I'd never want to try baking anything GF again! So I kept all busy-like while getting dinner served up to my family....kept staying busy till someone tasted one. (I'm so bad, I know) I then waited till almost everyone had tried one. (I'm horrible) Once everyone had tasted it and they were all pleasantly surprised that they liked them...then I tried one. =) They were good!! They do taste different than regular biscuits, but they still were good ol' biscuits! yay!!

1 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
4 tablespoons Butter, unsalted, chilled, cut into cubes*
1 cup Buttermilk*
2 Egg Whites
Cooking Spray

~Preheat oven to 425 degrees and use Cooking Spray on your pan.
~Mix dry ingredients well. Add butter till resembles coarse crumbs. This is a great place to get your littles involved! Let them use their hands to get it all mixed up good. =)
~Add your wet ingredients into your dry mixture.
~Either roll it out and cut into biscuits or make drop biscuits by dropping a spoonful of dough onto your pan. (I've only made the drop biscuits)
~Put into Oven and turn down to 400 degrees and bake for 15-18 minutes.

*I just use regular salted butter and decrease the salt by a bit.
*If I don't have buttermilk milk, I just measure out slightly less than 1 cup of whole milk and add 1 tablespoon white vinegar to it. Let sit for 5 minutes and you have buttermilk.

Source: domestifluff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment